welcome!

Hi there! My name is Tori, and welcome to my word. These are my random blurbs, intermost thoughts, and secrets that i am ready to tell the world about! Hahaha enjoy it! Comment! Tell your friends!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Carpal Tunnel

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is pressure on the median nerve- the nerve in the wrist that supplies feeling and movement to parts of the hand. It can lead to numbness, tingling, weakness, or muscle damage in the hand and fingers. Typing on a computer keyboard is the most common cause of Carpal Tunnel. Aslo driving, writing, painting, etc.

Symptoms include:
  • Numbness or tingling in the thumb and next two or three fingers of one or both hands
  • Numbness or tingling on the palm of the hand
  • Pain extending to the elbow
  • Problems with fine finger movement (coordination) in one or both hands
  • Wasting away of the muscle under the thumb (in advanced or long-term cases)
  • Weak grip or difficulty carrying bags
  • Weakness in one or both handi might have Carpal Tunnel.

i am esperiencing every symptom except pain to my elbows and the wasting away of the muscles. i am soooo worried and my mom isn't really. she thinks that i am doing what my cousin does and worrying over nothing. but it hurts to even type this blog post. my left hand has been hurting for at least three days, maybe four. is no one worried?

i'm in pain.

No comments: